Visitor Guidelines Effective March 11, 2022
Visitors must be age 12 and up. Overnight visitors must be age 18 and up.
Ambulatory Surgery / Outpatient Areas - Patients scheduled for outpatient or ambulatory procedures may have two (2) visitors, who can accompany the patient through the admission process. Visitors can wait in designated family waiting areas while wearing a mask and adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- COVID tests will be done five (5) days prior to procedure date.
Behavioral Health - Scheduled visitation between the hours of 1pm-2pm and 7:30pm-8:30pm. Please contact the Social Work Department at 845-348-8357 or the Nursing Station at 845-348-7360 to schedule an appointment.
Emergency Department – Two (2) support persons per day 24/7, except for confirmed or suspected COVID patients.
Inpatient – Two (2) persons at a time between the hours of 9am -9pm for our non-COVID or COVID recovered patients. One (1) visitor permitted during overnight hours.
Labor and Delivery - Two (2) visitors and a doula may accompany the patient throughout labor, delivery, and the immediate postpartum period.
Mother Baby Unit – One (1) support person permitted 24/7 with two (2) additional visitors permitted during visiting hours.
Pediatric Unit - Two (2) support persons may be at the bedside of the child through their hospitalization.
End-of-life situations provide for two (2) support persons or legal representatives at the bedside.
Transitional Care Unit – recommended visitation between 11am and 7pm. Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. A negative COVID test within 24 hours of visit is recommended.
Guidelines for permitted visitors:
- All visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering.
- Do not come if you are exhibiting any symptoms or feel ill.
- In accordance with New York State Department of Health Guidelines, masks must be worn correctly at all times. We ask that all visitors practice rigorous hand hygiene.
- Visitors are welcome to safely visit our gift shop, cafeteria, chapel and bikur cholim room. Mask wearing and social distancing guidelines remain. Please note, visitors are not permitted to eat or drink in patient care areas.
- Visitors who do not adhere to the above guidelines will be asked to leave.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions related to our visitor policy, please contact the Patient Experience Department at 845-348-6778 or patientrelations[at]montefiorenyack[dot]org.
If you wish to schedule a virtual visitation via Zoom or Face Time with a patient, please click here for a fillable form.
Send a free Cheer Card! Your message will be printed and hand-delivered to their room.
Visitation is never denied based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, or disability.