Montefiore Nyack Hospital is part of the Montefiore Health System located in Nyack, New York, just 25 miles north of New York City. Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a community acute care hospital providing medical and surgical care to a diverse patient population within Rockland County. The Postgraduate Year One (PGY-1) Residency at Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 12 month program that is structured to enhance the PharmD education with a focus on acute care and leadership.
The learning experiences are configured as either four or six weeks in duration in various areas of pharmacy services. Through collaboration with other healthcare professionals the resident will build the knowledge and skills to provide optimal pharmaceutical care and recognize the challenges in healthcare and pharmacy practice.
The resident will gain professional growth and leadership skills through administrative responsibilities and student preceptorships. The learning experiences below are divided into required core, elective, and longitudinal rotations.
The learning experiences below are divided into required core rotations and elective rotations.
- Dispensing / Orientation
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care
- Practice Management
- Transitions of Care
- Behavioral Health
- Medication Safety
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Diabetes Education
- Oncology / Ambulatory Care
- Research / Performance Improvement Project
- Journal Club / Continued Education
- Teaching Experience / Certificate
- Behavioral Health
- Leadership / Practice Management
- Immunization clinics
- NYS licensure by October 1st
- Dispensing - four shifts per month
- Preparation of a Medication Use Evaluation
- Completion of a research project and submission of a manual for publication
- Prepare 2 formulary class reviews
- Provide, at a minimum, the following: 6 end-of-rotation patient case presentations; 4 journal clubs; 1 pharmacy staff education program, and 1 nursing in-service
- Participate in various multidisciplinary committees
- Educational and travel allowance (including the ASHP Mid-Year Clinacal Meeting)
- Full medical coverage, including dental and prescription plans
- Available Teaching Certificate program and BLS/ACLS certification
- NYS Compounding Part III board certification on site